Candies cannot be surely classified as a healthy food; however, none of us really want to avoid it fully. Chewing a candy can of course take you back to your childhood memories and when it comes to gifting your kids or the neighborhoods with candies is a really admirable thing to do.
So, if you are fond of sweets, but unable to take it due to health reasons, what to do then? There are many people who haven’t ever lost their childhood passion to candies, but restricted by their physicians not to touch those. Here, we will discuss a few such options in candies, which come under diet-friendly sweets. Even though this is the case, you are not supposed to fully be on these as these your breakfast, lunch, and dinner. At a minimal level though, these wont harm.
Chocolate are the guilty pleasure of all those who want to enjoy candies. The researches have lately shows that small chocolate in smaller amount can help with blood pressure in high BP people. The cocoa flavonoids will work in reducing stress and thereby make the job easier for your heart.
Dark chocolates at moderate level also found to help in improving the blood flow and lowering bad cholesterol. While choosing chocolates, it is idea to consider the varieties which are made with 70% cocoa or cacao and restrict your intake to 150 calories per ounce for a day. Milk chocolates; however, doesn’t have this health advantage.
Some of the best options if you are choosing chocolates at local candy and soda shop in Calgary, Canada with 70% cocoa are;
- Lindt Excellence Bar: It comes in 3.5-ounce size and 1.2-ounce pack.
- Scharffen Berger 70% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Bar is another choice which has only 25 calories per bar.
- Newman’s Own Organics Super Dark Bar is a good cocoa chocolate and a full bar may have 165 calories.
- Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Wedges 3.5-ounce cut into 16 wedges contains 35 calories per piece.
- bel’s Double Dark Wafer Chocolate Bar is a good 70% dark Belgian chocolate, which is a cross between candy bar and cookie.
Hard candies have the capacity to boost you up. It will take a while for you to finish these and many of the candy lovers are hardcore fans of hard candies. For those who have diet restrictions, a few pieces of hard candies may not create much damage as it will take a while to savor the sweetness and thereby stretch the calorie intake. Some of the good options to choose are;
- See’s Gourmet Lollypops have about 80 to 90 calories per piece and come in four flavors as chocolate, vanilla, butterscotch, and café latte.
- Atomic FireBalls are hard as rock, which you cannot that easily bite through. A single large fireball releases only about 35 calories.
Chewy candies contain more sugar, so these are not highly advisable for those who are in diet. However, there are diet-friendly options in this also as below.
- Jelly Belly Jellybeans are tiny chewy candies which come in many fun flavors as pomegranate cosmo, mojito, and peach bellini etc.
- Smarties are retro candies which contain only 25 calories in the entire roll.
There are plenty more to choose, but you need to make it sure that you are strictly following your dietary instructions by the specialist and also must discuss your craving to intake candies with the nutritionist and get further suggestions.